By R. John Leigh, Michael W. Devereaux
This quantity brings jointly paintings from best researchers within the fields of developmental problems of binocular imaginative and prescient, strabismus, and either childish and purchased types of nystagmus. It comprises 4 sections. the 1st part, easy thoughts of good imaginative and prescient and Gaze, offers with psychophysical facets of childish kinds of nystagmus and the relative contributions of extraocular proprioception and efference (corollary discharge). It additionally comprises an available evaluate of present notions of spatial and temporal visible capabilities and spatial fidelity in childish nystagmus syndrome and latent nystagmus. the second one part, New types and strategies for learning Gaze balance, studies animal and improvement types for strabismus, amblyopia, and nystagmus. It additionally includes novel optical tools for handling the visible outcomes of nystagmus and a examine of the aptitude unwell results of video monitors on kid's reaction to close viewing. The 3rd part, New cures for Congenital Nystagmus, offers simple genetic stories and scientific trials of drug and surgical procedure of these sufferers with childish types of nystagmus. the ultimate section,General features of standard and irregular Gaze keep an eye on, pulls jointly a number contributions facing common gaze regulate, childish nystagmus, and bought issues of eye routine, together with new remedy measures. This booklet should be a helpful source for all scientists and practitioners drawn to developmental issues of imaginative and prescient.
Read Online or Download Advances in Understanding Mechanisms and Treatment of Infantile Forms of Nystagmus PDF
Similar ophthalmology books
Brimming with sound useful suggestion and invaluable medical assistance, this booklet combines a step by step workbook layout with a significant other CD-ROM to demonstrate quite a few eye stream problems. With its steered exercises and protocols, this e-book deals an easy, "how to" strategy - making it a necessary source for a person who encounters binocular imaginative and prescient anomalies.
The advanced anatomy and the lifestyles of a number of limitations within the eye pose a substantial problem to profitable drug delivery. accordingly, ocular transporters and receptors are vital ambitions for drug supply. major developments were made within the box of ocular shipping examine. during this e-book, bankruptcy authors describe the innovative examine being conducted and concentration particularly at the anatomy and body structure of the attention, biology of ocular transporters and receptors, strategies in characterization of transporters and receptors, transporters and receptors within the anterior and posterior section within the eye, the position of ocular transporters and receptors in drug supply, and transporter-metabolism interaction within the eye.
This publication covers the sphere of keratoprosthesis intimately and focuses in particular at the Boston style 1 keratoprosthesis (KPro), that's the gadget most generally used at the present time. vast details is equipped on all elements of KPro surgical procedure, from background and preoperative evaluate to surgical concepts and postoperative administration of issues.
The right way to "read" the optic fundus:What checks are indicated? How do I interpret the findings? what's the subsequent step? This ebook publications you fast and optimistically from discovering to prognosis. Practice-orientedOrganized by means of presentationSystematic directory of diagnoses for every presentationSidebars with a short precis of the indicators and signs for every diagnosisQuick reference and research advisor in oneComprehensiveDescribes a variety of exam methodCovers even infrequent findingsDifferential diagnosisFigures to demonstrate every one diagnosisNotes on applicable treatmentConfidenceLearn to take suggested, goal-directed motion.
- Essentials of Cataract Surgery
- Genetic Diseases of the Eye (Oxford Monographs on Medical Genetics)
- Clinical Case in Contact Lenses, 1e
- Corneal Collagen Cross Linking
- Cornea and External Eye Disease: Corneal Allotransplantation, Allergic Disease and Trachoma (Essentials in Ophthalmology)
- Intraocular Surgery: A Basic Surgical Guide
Extra info for Advances in Understanding Mechanisms and Treatment of Infantile Forms of Nystagmus
43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. in acquired nystagmus due to neurologic disease. Neurology. 1988;38:122–127. Lennie P. The physiological basis of variations in visual latency. Vision Res. 1981;21:815–824. Sestokas AK, Lehmkuhle S. Visual response latencies of X- and Y-cells in the dorsal lateral geniculate nucleus of the cat. Vision Res. 1986;26:1041–1054. Maunsell JHR, Ghose GM, Assad JA, McAdams CJ, Boudreau CE, Noerager BD. Visual response latency of magnocellular and parvocellular LGN neurons in macaque monkeys.
Neuroreport. 1998;9:1807–1810. 67. Shallo-Hoffmann J, Bronstein AM. Motion detection in patients with absent vestibular function. Vision Res. 2003;43:1589–1594. 68. Acheson JF, Cassidy L, Grunfeld EA, ShalloHoffmann JA, Bronstein AM. Elevated visual motion detection thresholds in adults with acquired ophthalmoplegia. Br J Ophthalmol. 2001;85:1447–1449. 69. Bedell HE. Perception of a clear and stable visual world with congenital nystagmus. Optom Vision Sci. 2000;77:573–581. 22 BASIC CONCEPTS OF STABLE VISION AND GAZE 70.
35. 36. 37. position in congenital nystagmus. Vision Res. 2002;42:2395–2407. Nakayama K, Balliet R. Listing’s law, eye position sense, and the perception of the vertical. Vision Res. 1977;17:453–457. Haustein W, Mittelstädt H. Evaluation of retinal orientation and gaze direction in the perception of the vertical. Vision Res. 1990;30:255–262. Poljac E, Lankheet MJ, van den Berg AV. Perceptual compensation for eye torsion. Vision Res. 2005; 45:485–496. Haustein W. Head-centric visual localization with lateral body tilt.